20 July 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

An old friend sent me the newest Harry Potter this past Monday and I finished it yesterday. It is a beautiful book. Every lurking question is answered and, while there is death, it claims none of our core heroes. That's right kids: Harry lives. Hermione lives. Ron lives.

The epilouge of the story takes us 19 years into the future and we are given a brief, but very illuminating, glimpse into what becomes of all of them. Think love, think marriage, think children.

Rowling fully wrecked me when she revealed that the son of one of our heroes has been called 'Albus.' After the great Dumbledore (who also becomes part of the story).

Very moving. Very.

I feel very privileged to have been able to read this book earlier than most people...I very much needed something to make me smile and this certainly brought many. Reading the most top-secret book in the world has a way of making you feel special.

And I feel special today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robert,

Wow! You were lucky!

I had to wait an extra couple of day because my order got messed up via Amazon.com...

Hope you didn't ruin anyone's Potter moment though.

Be Freeeeee

Kendall