18 August 2007

There you have it...

Amy Winehouse in rehab. Irony prevails, as always.

___

John Irving: A Prayer For Owen Meany. It is BEYOND gorgeous. Just finished reading it, again. And I still cry like the day I was born at the end. "taking him out of our hands..." It wrecks me.

___

Taking a much needed break from the news--all news. I do not care if there is a national tragedy. NO NEWS! Too depressing. Too oppressive.

___

Just started reading the new(ish) Joan Didion essay collection. It includes "Slouching Towards Bethlehem," and I adore it. She is not my favorite writer, but she has a grasp of the vocabulary of life and a grammatical edge that escapes me. If I could write like anyone I would write like her...

___

Teresa left this morning. I am can hardly believe that she was here. So short, too short a time for friends like us.

___

Just finished watching the film "The Dead Girl." Great cinematography. Amazing performances. The script was pretty good, though not perfect. An excellent cinematic experience all around.

There you have it.

The Shine Defined.

R-


No comments: