14 August 2007

Tuesday

"Come in, Come in...come in from the cold."

Joni Mitchell is singing to my soul right now, and I hear her. I am tired, but I hear her.

So, Karl Rove has finally resigned. This is good. Really, really good. I can feel the utter absurdity of these last years loosening their grip. Now we need a few people in Washington to summon the courage to do what needs to be done: impeach Cheney and Bush.

It will not happen, but it should.

"I am flesh and blood and vision, I am howling in the dark."

The "news" commentators are not presenting the facts. They never do. Yet, so many people listen, no thoughts of their own. Molded, shaped, and led to the slaughter.

People never learn.

Like the world is melting. There are terrible signs everywhere. But, many people still don't believe, nay, will not believe.

I believe.

"We get hurt and we just panic, and we strike out, out of fear."

I was in the store the other day and every single tabloid or personality rag still had Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston on their covers. Jen and Brad back together. Late night phone calls. Terrible fights between Angelina and Brad.

So sad and ridiculous. I caught a glimpse of Jen last week on some show and she is happy and says she hasn't seen or spoken to Brad in over a year. Duh. They are divorced. And yet people will pay $3.95 to be told otherwise--and several years after the fact.

I guess that is it for right now. Teresa is here and there are games to play and laughs to laugh and hugs to enjoy.

"Come in, Come in..."

And please remember my friends:

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus

No comments: